I have been trying so hard to get used to a scheduled routine with my boys. Without it I would not find the time to do anything.
My Scheduled Routine Tips:
- Set a timer or reminder on your phone. Timing is very important so that you don't spend too much or too little time on one thing
- I hate when I spend too many hours on one thing too, you need to distribute your time well.
- A little each day is the best way
- As the day went on I would get a reminder but I had to keep adjusting the times a bit until it was just right
- For example I first had breakfast timed from 8:10 am to 8:45 am but cooking it and eating took way longer so I had to extend it and make my next task start later
- Write it down. Writing things down or having a hard copy of your schedule makes it easier to remember.
- Before this schedule I would lounge around all day and barely get anything done.
- Break it down: If you have a big project and you feel like it's impossible to tackle, just break it down into parts. Do things one at a time, instead of trying to multitask, and it'll make it much easier to get done!
- You will never have time unless you make it
- When you have a routine set out like this and make it a daily habit it starts become second nature to you
- Of course every day won't always go as planned, but like everything with practice you will get used to it.
- The hardest for me was making a habit out of doing my morning yoga and working out in the evening.
- Yoga only takes about 10 minutes yet I never took the time to do it!
- Hopefully now with my schedule it becomes a good habit that I learn.
- I also made this awesome chore chart for my son so it was like a triple reminder!
- This morning I tried it out for the first time. At first he was playing with it, but I told that he can only put it up once he did those chores.
- Right away he looked at the pictures and said brush teeth? And I said did you brush your teeth? And he went to the sink and started brushing his teeth!
- Then he came back all excitedly and I said "now you can put it up!" And he did and I showed the star that said well done and he went on to do that for every task!
- I got this idea from several Pinterest posts Heres a great tutorial on it
- I made my own printable using images from these sites:
- just cut along the lines and glue or tape to cardstock paper (see below)